#Givedirttheboot CONTEST - OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THESE OFFICIAL RULES APPLY TO THE #Givedirttheboot CONTEST (“CONTEST”), SPONSORED BY VAX LIMITED (“SPONSOR”). BY ENTERING, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE READ, ACCEPTED AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INC. (“FACEBOOK”). BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO FACEBOOK.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00PM (Midday) GMT on June 8th 2016) and ends at 23:59 GMT on July 10th 2016 (“Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, you must (a) be a legal resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) have reached the age of eighteen (18).
Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, Facebook and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, retailers and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with the Contest, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether or not related are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Go to the www.facebook.com, visit the following fan page: https://www.facebook.com/VaxVacuums/ (“Fan Page”), click on the “Like” button to become a fan of the Fan Page, then send us a private message including your name and email in order to complete your entry (“Entry”). Your Entry must include all the information requested as this is the means by which we will verify your eligibility and how you will be notified if you are eligible to win. All Entries must be submitted by the entrant him/herself by 23:59 GMT on July 10th 2016 to be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person and per email address throughout the Contest Period. Any Entries received by any person or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. The use of automated devices or any other mechanism that will circumvent the proper conduct of this Contest, whether intentional or otherwise, is prohibited.
Any entrant who intentionally and/or fraudulently provides incorrect personal data may be eliminated at the Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: All valid entries received during the Contest Period will be entered into a random prize draw. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of prizes and the number of entrants. On July 12th 2016 a random drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor from the total valid Entries received. One (1) Entrant will be selected for each goal scored by a qualifying UK team (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) (“Qualifying Team”) during the UEFA European Championships 2016 (the “Euros”). The selected Entrants will be notified by email on or about July 15th 2016. If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted within 10 business days the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Entrant which will be selected by a further random drawing which will take place on August 1st 2016. If an entrant is found to not be in compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification or any Prize is returned as undeliverable or the entrant is unable to accept the Prize for any reason, the entrant will be disqualified, his/her Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the Prize is not successfully claimed by Winner by July 29th 2016, it may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
5. PRIZES: There is one (1)prizeavailable to be won for each goal scored by a UK Qualifying Team during the Euros (the “Prize”). Each Prize consists of one Vax domestic carpet washer. Each prize has an approximate retail value of: £179.99 Pounds Sterling.Only one (1) Prize per selected Entrant.
Prizes are not transferrable andmust be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Winners will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and any other costs, expenses and fees associated with accepting and receiving the Prize. In the event any tax withholding is required by law for any Prize, winners authorize Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction.
6. LICENSE TO USE: By entering, each entrant grants to Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable license of unlimited right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including, but not limited to, all copyright and trademark rights therein and thereto and all renewals and extensions thereof, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised.
7. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries or emails or for any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to, or in connection with, the Contest including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, views, postings and/or shares (as applicable), the announcement of the Prizes, or in any Contest-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and void his or her Entry(ies) who tampers with the entry process.
8. RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND: If for any reason any aspect of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, subject to applicable laws, Sponsor may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or invalidate any affected Entries. In the event the Contest is cancelled or terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random draw from among all eligible Entries received up the time of such action.” In the event of such an occurrence Sponsor may post a notice on the Fan Page.
10. RELEASE: By entering, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, entrants agree: (a) to release Sponsor, Facebook, and any third party retained by or on behalf of Sponsor for the purposes of executing and administering the Contest and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, sales representatives, distributors, advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with this Contest and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to their participation in the Contest and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Prize; and, (b) that under no circumstances will they be permitted to obtain awards for, and they hereby waive all rights to claim, any punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages including, but not limited to attorneys’ fees or other court costs, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry and may remove any Entry at any time.
11. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by and is to be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with English law without regard to conflict of law principles. Any dispute under these Official Rules shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Any provision in these Official Rules which is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court, governmental department, body or tribunal, or in any applicable jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and will not invalidate or render unenforceable the remaining provisions hereof and should any provision be held invalid or unenforceable in an applicable jurisdiction such provision shall not be invalidated or rendered unenforceable in any other jurisdiction.
12. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Contest isVax Limited. For a list of Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: #GiveDirtTheBoot Competition, Social Media Team, 5th Floor, Two Colmore Square, 38 Colmore Circus, Queensway, Birmingham, B4 6BN. All requests for Winner Lists must be received on or before 15th August 2016.
© 2016 Vax Limited. All rights reserved. Vax and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of the TTI group and are registered and/or used in various countries around the world. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.