We design products specifically to meet your needs, to be used in normal domestic settings. Built for a continual high performance, we want your machine to last as long as possible for you. During the average clean, your machine will travel an amazing distance– imagine the distance it's clocked up already. Just so you know, to keep it running at its best, please make sure you regularly maintain your machine...and to help you we have developed an online support centre.
Our friendly customer service team with specialist product knowledge will endeavour to resolve any queries you may have. If you have a query or experience an issue with your Vax machine simply contact our UK based team.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- Machine model and serial number
- Proof of purchase
WHAT'S THE GUARANTEE PERIOD
A Vax guarantee covers the repair or replacement of your machine if it is found to be defective due to the manufacturing of the materials or workmanship.
On the occasion a part is no longer available we will replace it with a functional replacement part.
The guarantee period is what is stated on your product information at the time of purchase. We offer a 6 year extended warranty period on certain products. If this is available you will be provided with registration information when you purchase the product.
Your guarantee period commences from the date you purchased your product. If we replace your product the remaining period will transfer to your replacement product.
What's not covered by the guarantee
If a vax machine is used in the way it's intended and it breaks down within the guarantee period, it's our responsibility to repair or replace it. Here's what isn't covered:
- Normal wear and tear, for example: batteries, belts, filters, brush bars, fuses etc.
- Accidental damage
- Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the product instruction manual.
- Damage caused by not carrying out regular maintenance.
- Damage to cable.
- Blockages; please refer to the product instruction manual.
- Faults caused by:
- Negligent use, misuse, neglect or careless operation of the machine;
- Use of the vacuum cleaner which is not in accordance with the Instruction Manual.
- Use of a Vax product for anything other than normal domestic household purposes in the country in which it was purchased.
- Use of parts, accessories and consumables, which are not genuine Vax components.
- Faulty installation or repairs – unless carried out by a qualified electrician or engineer.
What are the terms and conditions of the guarantee
The terms and conditions are as follows:
- The guarantee becomes effective at the date of purchase (or the date of delivery if this is later).
- You must provide proof of purchase before we can repair or replace your machine under the guarantee. Please keep your purchase receipt.
- The repair or replacement of your machine under guarantee will not extend the period of the guarantee.
- The guarantee provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Where is the guarantee valid?
- Where this machine is sold outside of the EU, this guarantee will only be valid if the appliance is used in the country in which it was sold.
- If you take your machine abroad the guarantee may be invalid, we will do our best to help you in your new country of residence.
Are the guarantees transferable?
Guarantees are transferrable with the machine and any remaining period will continue. Here’s what you will need to provide
- The original proof of purchase from a recognised retailer.
- Evidence of any change of ownership.
- A valid serial number from the ratings label.