Here at Vax we work hard to design great products that meet your needs. Built for a continual high performance, we want your machine to last as long as possible. Did you know that during the average clean, your machine will travel an amazing distance? Imagine the distance it's clocked up already! .....and just so you know, to keep it running at its best make sure you regularly maintain your machine. To help you can find lots of information on our online support centre.
Should you need to speak to us, we will need your unique registration number, so remember to register for your guarantee at vax.co.uk/registration. Our friendly customer service team are here to help. Contact our UK based team.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The guarantee is additional to and does not affect your statutory consumer rights.
- For the Vax warranty to be valid you must register your product within 3 months of purchase
- If you have purchased your machine from one of our retail partners and not registered your machine within the 3 months a standard 12 month warranty will apply. We will require proof of purchase to activate your guarantee. So please retain the receipt.
- For a direct customer the Vax guarantee becomes effective at the date of purchase or the delivery date.
- If we replace your product any remaining period will automatically transfer to your replacement product and will not extend beyond the original period
- We reserve the right to apply a standard 12 month warranty if a products has not been registered within 3 months of purchase
- We reserve the right to withdraw warranty support if a Vax machine has been repaired or refurbished by a 3rd party, with the exception of a cable refit by a qualified electrician.
- We reserve the right to withdraw warranty support for a Vax machine where the manufacturer’s ratings label has been altered, defaced or removed.
- We reserve the right to withdraw warranty where multiple replacements have been provided with no proven manufacturing defect.
- We reserve the right to apply a charge where the fault of the product is not due to the quality or workmanship.
- This guarantee will only be valid if the appliance is used in the UK.
- This guarantee is only valid if purchased from an authorised stockist*
* Unauthorised stockist include, but not limited to online auction sites, private sellers and those selling second hand goods, refurbished products etc.
WHAT WE GUARANTEE
- To repair or replace your machine if it is found to be defective due to the manufacturing of the materials or workmanship.
- To replace functional part, tool or accessory that is found to be defective due to the manufacturing of the materials or workmanship within 12 months of purchase.
- To replace any consumable item such as belts, filters, fuses etc if it is found to be defective due to the manufacturing of the materials or workmanship within 3 months of purchase.
- That on the occasion the exact part is no longer available we will replace it with a functional replacement part.
- To guarantee your product for the period stated on your product information at the time of purchase as per the terms and conditions.
- To provide new for old replacement, in the instance when we believe a product is beyond repair. If the exact model is not available you will be sent an equivalent specification.
- The benefits are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
WHAT'S NOT COVERED BY THE GUARANTEE
If a Vax machine is used in the way it's intended and it breaks down within the guarantee period, it's our responsibility to repair or replace it. Here's what isn't covered:
- Functional parts, tools and accessories after 12 months that may suffer premature failure due to every day wear and tear
- Consumables after 3 months such as belts, filters, fuses etc
- Accidental damage
- Cosmetic damage that does not affect the functioning of the product
- Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the product instructional manual
- Damage caused by not carrying out regular maintenance
- Damage to cable
- Blockages; please refer to the product instruction manual
Poor product performance caused by:
- Negligent use, misuse or careless operation of the machine
- Failure to clean or maintain the product in accordance with instruction
- Use of the vacuum cleaner which is not in accordance with the instruction manual
- Use of a Vax product for anything other than normal domestic household purposes in the country in which it was purchased
- Use of parts, accessories and consumables, which are not genuine Vax components
- Faulty installation or repairs - unless carried out by a qualified electrician or engineer
ARE THE GUARANTEES TRANSFERABLE?
Guarantees are transferrable with the machine and any remaining period will continue.
Here’s what you will need to provide
- The original proof of purchase from a recognised retailer
- Evidence of any change of ownership
- A valid serial number from the ratings label.